Well it has been a bit of time since I have updated this blog. Since Oct last years we did our normal traveling in the fall and then spent most of the winter working on Elden AM74-5 and 73-39 and Am73-79
Elden 74-5 was found to have mismatched front uprights. One was 1/2 ” taller offsetting the hub center line. Borrowed 2 different ones from our last acquisition and began a search for new replacements. Was introduced to 2 potential suppliers in the UK. One private individual and another a race shop:
I also spoke to Pat Prince at Pat Prince Engineering and he has the jigs for the suspension parts. So soon I will be sending the stuff I need to Pat for repair or fabrication.
We are now running the new Hoosier VFF treaded tires a bit difference that the slicks I have run for years. But we are nearing an optimum setup.
Elden #2 was nearing completion for this racing season. Note I am doing preservation not restorations so I don’t strip down the car. When I picked up the car there was an invoice to “straighten the frame”. Well it is still “bent”. I couldn’t align the car, ran strings down the chassis found the rear sub frame tweaked 1/2″ at least. So work has stopped.
Elden #3 AM-73-79 is getting a new body. The old body had been cutup and missing some parts so I ordered a new body from:
Hoping that body is here in June. So the plan right now is to strip the bent chassis down for repair and to move forward on Elden AM 73-79.
Racing highlights: We ran ran Elden 74-5 the MK10C rebodied Falconer and the video link is:
Well we will catch up again after the SVRA Open Wheel World Challenge at Indianapolis, in June.