Steve C. at Santa Fe Classic Cars has been working very diligently on the car.
1) Rebuilt rear suspension
2) Rebuilt gas tank and hoses
3) rebuilt brakes, masters and hard lines
4) found tachometer DOA. Had Mo-Ma Manufacturing in Albuquerque, NM rebuild using new VDO internals.
5) Tarmo S of Santa Fe had used thermistor for left head temp sensor.
6) Rebuilt YH carb, found flange badly “bowed” so flattened with fly cutter on the milling machine.
7) fixed windshield wiper motor, windshield washer DOA.
8) misc repairs to clutch, throttle linkage etc.
With rebuilt carb in and running looking forward to putting the car on the street soon.
Steve has the car running and driving for the first time in 20 some years. Good job Steve.
See the Build Sheet Steve C found above the fuel tank. Amazing a piece of paper survived that environment for 50 years. Confirms much of what we know of the car. Will finish the decode soon.